Sunday, January 31, 2010

Foreclosure or Short Sale should not mean the end of the world!

Who does not know someone who has gone through foreclosure or had to sell a house through the short sale method? It is common these days in the Florida real estate market!

This real estate market has put people in some difficult spots. Lenders have not always been receptive - some still are not - when it comes to working with owners!

I have read recommendations by some that landlords and owners totally reject prospective tenants who have encountered final hardships.

That, in my opinion, is the wrong move.

Not all folks who have lost homes to foreclosure or through short sale - dare I say very few - have done so as a result of intentional disregard of obligations!

The bottom line is that there are people involved - not just some piece of concrete. I remember going in a foreclosure house once and seeing, still taped to the kitchen cabinet, a child's drawing that said "Happy Easter!" To this day I pray that child has many "Happy Easters!"

If you are considering selling your Brevard County, Florida house as a short sale to prevent foreclosure, call me or email me. I would like to assist in any way I can. I have folks who would also like to help.

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Bucci Realty, Rockledge, Florida, working exclusively with Century 21 Baytree Realty. Call me at 321-692-3850 or email agent@moving2brevard.com.

Read my blog Florida Homes for Sale for more tips on buying and selling real estate in Brevard County Florida.