Nope, the most obvious answer is to save the real estate commission and get more money in their pocket.
There is a misconception that all one must do to sell their home is put a sign up out front, get a contract and collect a check.
I have spoken with more than a few for sale by owner veterans who will never do that again!
My purpose is not to convince anyone to choose a real estate agent and not go the for sale by owner route.
My purpose is to outline what is involved in the process of selling a Brevard County, Florida home and, once armed with all the information, allow a homeowner to make an informed decision about the next step.
First things first....just some questions:
- Why you are selling? What is your end game? Do you have a timeline to meet?
- Is there a mortgage payoff that must be met?
- Will you be buying another home in the area?
- If so, do you need to look now before you sell? With a limited inventory of move in ready homes in Brevard County it and a typical closing of 45 days minimum there may not be enough time to sell and close on a new home without temporary accommodations. Do you really want to move twice?
- Do you understand how to really set a "for sale" price? It is not what you think your home is worth...really.
- Do you have the time to arrange appointments and accommodate prospective buyer schedules?
- Are you comfortable with allowing strangers into your home with you family?
- Do you understand the process well enough to know what to expect with an offer and the "contingencies" such as inspections and financing?
If you are hesitant in any way about selling your Viera, Florida home as a FSBO, give me a call. I would be happy to discuss the process and even make some recommendations to help you out!
Here are ten articles that may be of assistance if you are selling your Melbourne, Florida home yourself or with a Melbourne, Florida real estate agent.
- Twelve Articles to Help Your sell Your Florida Home
- Signs Your Home is Not Priced Right.
- Don't Forget About Safety When Selling
- How to Not Sell Your Florida Home
- Minimize Your Exposure to Loss When Selling Your Florida Home
- What is a Comparable Market Analysis?
- What is Wrong With a Listing Price Ending With "999"?
- What is the Price of Memories?
- 10 Common Sense Rules For Buying (or Selling) a Home
- What Do You Do If Your House is Just Sitting?